Saturday 2 November 2013

Am I reliable ?

This week, I am attending SOSP !
I will present a paper at the HotDep workshop. This work was done with my former master student Huynh Tu Dang during its internship. The paper is about the reliability of placement algorithm when they perform reconfigurations.

Basically, it shows that we suck (well, or at least I suck) at developing placement constraints because we usually develop constraints that restrict the placement at the end of the reconfiguration process. This leads to temporary failures. The good point is that using BtrPlace, it is easy to implement continuous constraints that ensure there will be no violations, event during the reconfiguration.

As usual, the paper is available on my website. The slides of the talk will be available shortly.

Next post will be about the european project DC4Cities that started in september !

No comments:

Post a Comment